Wednesday, January 5, 2011

White Bean Roasted Red Pepper Dip

Welcome to the first new food post of 2011. 

Since I'm sure many of you have made New Years Resolutions that probably include something like "eating healthier" I decided to make today's post a very simple, healthy dip.  And, I apologize in advance for the sinful peanut butter fudge brownies that is in my queue to post soon.  This healthy(er) recipe will offset that one.  I also say healthier because I'm not really known to cook like a health nut anyway.  I love food too much to sacrifice flavor and comforting creaminess for health food.  Sorry.  But, if I happen to cook food that tastes delicious AND is healthy, that's a bonus! :)

I really must have a thing for this type of dip because I realized that I have no fewer than THREE distinct recipes bookmarked in my Google Reader.  That is a true sign that the recipe is to be made and will not dissapoint!

Also, this recipe has a single step in it.  Unless you count opening the cans and cleaning the dishes...then I guess you're up to two or three :).  Really can it get any easier than that?  The result tasted much like a hummus to me.  I served it with Stacy's naked pita chips (yum!), baby carrots, and celery sticks.  It's great for parties or whip up a batch to eat for your daily afternoon snack.  Snacking and several small meals throughout the day (about every 3-4 hours) is said to be one of the keys to energy management and weight loss, by the way.

So give this dip a whirl....literally!

Love Roasted Red Peppers?  This copy cat of Pasta Bravo will knock your socks off!
One Year Ago: Vanilla-Peppermint Cupcakes and Clone of a Cinnabon

White Bean Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Printer-Friendly Version



















Yields: About 8 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 (15 oz.) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 small jar (about 1 cup) roasted red peppers, drained
  • 3 ounces lowfat (neufchatel) cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary (I used about 1/3 tsp dried rosemary)
  • Juice from 1/2 a lemon
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Puree everything in a food processor until smooth.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories: 77 / Fat: 2g / Saturated Fat: 1.3g / Carbs: 10.4g / Fiber: 2g / Protein: 4.1g

Source: As seen on and adapted by Elly Says Opa from Smitten Kitchen

No comments: