Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pizza Bites

Yummy little morsels that burst with flavor when you bite into them.  Be careful, they're addicting!!! 

I used the other 1/2 batch of Basic Pizza Dough that I had frozen.  They do get surprisingly bigger when you bake them so next time, I'll make mine a bit smaller (I didn't split my dough out into the number of pieces in advance so ran short on dough and room). 

I really don't have much else to say about this recipe except to go try it.  I served it with some spaghetti sauce for dipping because I had made a batch that same morning but Marinara Magnifica, other tomato sauce, and/or ranch dressing would taste great too, I think.  Chris probably ate half of them..  He requested them the next day again so I'd have to say these got 2 thumbs up from him.  Yum!

Pizza Bites
Printer-Friendly Version
























Ingredients:
  • ½ batch pizza dough (enough for 1 pizza)
  • 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed (about 20-24 pieces)
  • Sliced pepperoni
For topping:
  • Olive oil based butter, melted
  • Garlic powder
  • Italian seasoning
  • Shredded Parmesan cheese
Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or cake pan.
  2. Divide the pizza dough into 20-24 roughly equal sized pieces.
  3. Take one of the dough pieces, top with a cube of cheese and a slice or two of pepperoni. Pull the edges of the dough around the fillings and pinch closed. Place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.  (Bites will touch each other and bake together but pull apart for you to enjoy as individual bites)
  4. Lightly brush the tops of the dough balls with melted olive oil-based butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and shredded Parmesan cheese.
  5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Serve warm, pulling apart individual bites and enjoy with dipping sauce as desired.
Source: Modified from Annie's Eats

No comments: